The Perfect North East Wedding Planner – Some ideas of what to do on a month by month basis in the run up to your wedding day:
Twelve Months to go:
- Sit down with your partner and your parents (if they are helping to fund your wedding) and discuss budget (see our wedding budget info)
- Fix the date and time with your registrar, priest, minister or rabbi
- Visit venues and book one as soon as you have chosen (Find wedding venues)
- Purchase your wedding insurance
- Decide on guest numbers
Eleven Months to go:
- Send out your save the dates
- Visit wedding fayres (check out when they are on)
- Choose a photographer / videographer. (Ask your wedding venues to confirm they are allowed to film and photograph on site)
- Start booking appointments to try on wedding dresses
Ten Months to go:
- Decide on wedding party (Best man, ushers, bridesmaids, page boys/flower girls etc)
- Start looking for bridesmaid outfits
- Think about your honeymoon destination
- Decide on your wedding dress (it can often take up to four months to be delivered)
Nine Months to go:
- Visit florists and discuss your ideas for your arrangements.
- If your planning on creating a gift list choose a company you’d like to receive gifts for.
- Ask your venue for a wedding meal tasting session.
Eight Months to go:
- Depending on where you’re getting married consider readings/music etc. If you’re planning on having musicians these will need to be booked.
- Order wedding stationery – (Invitations, Envelopes, Placecards, menus, seating charts etc)
Seven months to go:
- Choose and book wedding transport, as well as booking your first night at a hotel
- Decide on design and order your wedding cake
- Pick and order wedding favours
Six months to go:
- Groom and ushers order suits
- Buy gifts for Bestman, Ushers, Bridesmaids etc
- Pick wedding rings
- Confirm order of service, and get these design and printed.
Five months to go:
- Book your hairdresser, discuss dates for hair trials
- Book your make-up artist, again discuss dates for trails.
- If your honeymoon is abroad and you are wanting to change your passport into your married name you will need to do this with plenty of time. (An officitiating minister or registrar will need to sign this for you)
- Go honeymoon shopping
Four months to go:
- Check on vaccanations, and visas you may need for your honeymoon.
- Plan hen and stag parties
Three months to go:
- Have hair and make-up trials
- Book with venue holding your ceremony a rehearsal – let members of your bridal party know so they can attend.
- If you are getting married in a church attend reading of your banns.
- Compile gift list
Two months to go:
- Sent our invitations – keep a track of acceptances and refusals.
- Review budget are you over or under. You may be able to
- Make sure your finance has all their jobs organised (rings, suits, hotels etc)
- Book any beauty treatments (nails, fake tans)
One month to go:
- Confirm numbers with caterers and venue.
- Do your seating plan
- Discuss music with DJ (First dance)
- Order honeymoon currency
- Have final trials of hair and make-up
- Go on your hen and stag nights.